What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your browser or hard drive of your computer when visiting the page. Cookies are commonly used to make the website work more effectively. They also pass information to the website owner. Cookies do not harm users computer or files.
Links and connection can be used in third party websites as well as so called social extensions (e.g. Facebook social plugins). Maintained by third party plugins, services will be loaded from their own servers which may set their own cookies. The services of third party applications apply to third party use and conditions.
You may monitor and / or delete the cookies. You can delete all the cookies already on your computer. Most browsers have a setting that prevents cookies from being stored.
Managing cookies in your browser
In most browsers you can
- see the cookies on your computer and delete them one by one
- block third-party cookies from being saved
- prevent cookies from certain websites from being stored
- prevent all cookies from being set
- delete all cookies when you close your browser